Home

Monday 12 October 2015

I Made It Monday: Adding Sleeves & Length to a Top

This week I'm adding sleeves and much needed length to a top.

It is really simple to do and dramatically changes the look of a simple (boring) piece.  As a girly girl this was a great way for me to add a little lace to a summer staple.

I simply took a scrap of white knit fabric which was the same width as the bottom of my top and sewed lace to one edge.  I then sewed it to the bottom of the top.  As knit fabric doesn't fray it is very easy and forgiving to work with.

For the sleeves I simply took 2 rectangles of fabric which were as long as the armhole.  I sewed lace to the edge then attached to the arm holes of the top.  As I wanted more of a flutter sleeve than a fitted sleeve, and knit fabric stretches, you don't need to worry about ease or exact fitting.

Simple but very effective! 

Top: Refashioned by Me / Jeans: Refashioned by Me / Shoes: Taking Shape


Photos c/o my wonderful Husband

6 comments:

  1. Such nice details! I like the lace trim with it, so chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becki! I'm happy with it! x Allison

      Delete
  2. I love adding lace to tops! It gives it a much more feminine feel!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! You can never have too much lace! x Allison

      Delete
  3. Great refashion, I love the addition of the lace!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete